If your establishment is registered with FDA, then remember before year end to complete your FDA registration renewal.
The renewal period begins October 1 and ends December 31st of each year and every registered establishment is required to pay the renewal fee. FDA will announce the new fee each year. Learn more.
In order to make the renewal process go smoothly, it is best to start getting everything in order as early as possible and don’t procrastinate until the last minute and then have something go wrong.
Here are a few tips that can make the process quick and relatively painless;
- Locate the user names and passwords for the Medical Device User Fee website and the FDA Universal Registration and Listing System (FURLS). They are not the same!
- If you cannot locate them, you can get them reset. The earlier the better!
- Log into the FURLS system and review all of the company information to ensure that it is correct. Update if necessary.
- Make sure the official correspondent information is accurate, especially the email address. FDA communicates by email, so the renewal reminder will be sent to this email address.
- If you do not receive this notice soon after Oct 1, then check spam or junk mail folders.
- You do not have to receive the email in order to proceed with the renewal however, remember FDA may send other notifications to this email address, so ensure that it is correct.
- Don’t wait until the last day to renew. Once the renewal payment is made it can take 2 -3 days to receive the Payment Confirmation Number that will allow the renewal to be completed in the FURLS website.
- Credit card payments and electronic checks are processed much faster than mailing a payment.
Learn more by taking this online course: Dental Lab FDA Registration Made Easy.
What can SafeLink Consulting do for my business?
We address your business needs whether they are a basic quality system to meet FDA compliance or an expanded quality system to improve good business practices. We provide customized programs specific to your business model.
SafeLink Consulting offers dental labs the whole package on quality systems, safety programs, patient security and chairside services plus compliance with FDA, OSHA & HIPAA. For over 25 years SafeLink has been helping the dental industry with compliance. Our staff, including CDT’s and former lab owners, has over 100 years of combined experience in the dental environment. SafeLink also has Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainers on staff, DAMAS certification auditors, and third-party quality auditors on staff who are ASQ certified.
Our clients also benefit from our broad experience with Quality System development for other medical device manufacturers. We also offer risk assessments, cloud-based data management programs, ISO registration and FDA 510k submission assistance. We are one of the premier FDA consulting firms in the dental industry assisting labs with medical device US import requirements. Our FDA compliance consultants are knowledgeable of the dental environment. Learn more about specific quality/FDA topics by taking any of our educational, online courses available 24/7 when it’s convenient for you.
Contact us to learn more.
Are you a manufacturer of dental devices? Need Quality System consulting or other dental compliance services?
Here's what SafeLink Consulting can do for you:
- Quality Management consulting
- Quality Management training online courses
- Quality System Regulation Risk Assessment
- FDA consultants
- 510k consultants
- Quality System Manual
- Digital Document Control Management Program
Learn more about what SafeLink Consulting can do to help your business with compliance services, including safety compliance, to meet OSHA training requirements and quality system consulting to meet FDA compliance. SafeLink Consulting assists businesses with workplace safety training, infection control training, HIPAA training online, quality systems, assessments, audits, due diligence, and more.
Dentistry compliance - assisting the dental practice with meeting requirements for OSHA, HIPAA, EPA, and CDC guidelines, patient safety and employee health & safety
Dental Laboratory compliance - assisting the dental lab with meeting requirements for OSHA, FDA, and CDC guidelines, employee health & safety, plus FDA requirements for lab manufacturing custom implant abutment /gmp for medical device manufacturers
Medical Device Manufacturers compliance - assisting with meeting OSHA compliance & FDA requirements, GMP - good manufacturing practices
General Industry compliance - assisting with OSHA compliance and FDA compliance as it pertains to the specific business
Beverage Industry compliance - assisting beverage businesses such as the craft brewery, winery, cidery, distillery, vintner with meeting OSHA compliance, health & safety, FDA requirements / GMP - Good Manufacturing Practices.